Admiral Percy Nelles, RCN.
X in eXperience
...AB to Admiral, each played a role.
- What was the ratio of officers to enlisted men in the RCN?
- What is an AB?
- What are the ranks in the RCN?
- What was the percentage of RCN personnel serving at sea?
- Where were Canada's RCN Training bases?
- Where was RCN Head Quarters?
Choose one topic:
- Profile Admiral Percy Nelles RCN and his role in the Battle of the Atlantic.
- Research and report on the training methods used by the RCN and what changes were made during the period of the war.
- Research the evolution of roles as the war progressed, e.g. weaponry and detection technology, e.g. 'Huff-Duff', Radar, Sonar.
- Research and report on the changes made to anti-submarine tactics as the RCN experience grew.
- Research and report on the casualty rate of RCN personnel from 1939–1945 and determine if there is a correlation with the improved tactics and technologies used.
For research resources, see the resources page.