The Sunderland, a flying boat patrol bomber used against U-Boats.
T for the Turning Point
...tactics, technology, bravery of course.
- What year was considered the Turning Point of the Battle of the Atlantic?
- Why was it considered so?
- When was the success most apparent?
- Where were most important successes?
- Who was most involved with the success?
Choose one topic:
- Research and report on the period of May 1943, considered Black May by the German U-boat commanders.
- Research and report on the impact of Allied long-range aircraft on the Battle of the Atlantic.
- Research and report on the impact of Allied bombings of the U-boat construction yards and their operational ports.
- Research and report on the impact of increase Allied naval fleet tactics and anti-submarine warfare weapons.
- Research and report on the mortality and subsequent morale of the German Submariner force.
For research resources, see the resources page.