Churchill speaks with the troops.
Q is for Questions
...are we facing defeat?
- What concerns did Britain have after the fall of France?
- Who was leading the British people at this time?
- When was the fate of Britain “in the balance”?
- What was the Canadian response?
- Why was Canada's role important?
- Where was the greatest threat to Britain?
Choose one topic:
- Research and prepare a report on the capability of Britain to confront a German invasion after the fall of France.
- Research and report on the plans for the British Royal family, Churchill, Britain's gold reserves, Royal Navy and national treasures. What role does Canada have in the plans?
- Research and report on Operation Sea Lion: the German plan for the invasion of Britain.
- Research and prepare a report on what you think would have been the outcome of WWII had Dönitz received the 300+ U-boats he originally requested to conduct the Battle of the Atlantic.
For research resources, see the resources page.