Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
O is for Oceanography
...the science grew fast by the day.
- Why was Oceanography considered important to the Battle of the Atlantic?
- What research would be needed?
- What institutions would be of support?
- What was the Canadian role?
- When did research get underway?
- Who used the findings?
Choose one topic:
- Research and prepare a report on the types of research that were needed for the Battle of the Atlantic.
- Research and prepare a report on the application of University facilities in Canada and the United States to the war effort.
- Research and report on one major oceanographic breakthrough that had an impact on the Battle of the Atlantic.
- Research and and report on the advances in Oceanographic studies that were made as a direct result of the Battle of the Atlantic.
For research resources, see the resources page.