Ice was a hazard at all times.
I is for Ice
...on the Murmansk run we'd get.
- Where is Murmansk?
- Why did convoys travel to Murmansk?
- What kind of cargo was sent to Murmansk?
- What Canadian vessels were on the Murmansk run?
- When were Murmansk convoys started?
- What German forces did the convoys face?
Choose one topic:
- Research and report on why the port of Murmansk was chosen as the port of entry for the USSR.
- Research and prepare a report on the hardship faced by naval personnel assigned to the Murmansk run.
- Research and report on a convoy assigned to the Murmansk run.
- Research and report on the treatment received by allied seamen at the hands of their Russian 'Allies' once they made it to Murmansk. Why was this so?
For research resources, see the resources page.