An Enigma machine.
E for the Enigma
...German naval secrets no more.
- What was the Enigma Machine?
- When was it used?
- Why was it important to the Germans?
- Why was it important to the Allies?
- Who was responsible for the Naval Enigma on the U-boat?
- Where did the allies recover a naval enigma machine?
Choose one topic:
- Research and prepare a report on the German Secret Naval Enigma machines.
- Research and report on the importance of the capture of U-110 by the Royal Navy. Why were the findings on board so important?
- Research and report methods of secrecy used by allies with regard to the convoy system.
- Research and prepare a report on the importance of code-making and breaking in WWII.
- Research and prepare a report on the type of person 'seconded' to Bletchley Park.
- Research other secret technologies used by the Germans and Allies in the Battle of the Atlantic.
For research resources, see the resources page.