Germany's advance through Europe.
B is for Britain
...island nation, supplies must get through.
- Why were imports so vital to Britain?
- Where did most goods originate?
- What mode of transport was important?
- What specialized cities became important to this need?
- Who decided that the Atlantic was important to the British war effort?
Choose one topic:
- Research and report on the first British losses on the Atlantic and identify their role, i.e. merchantman, passenger, warship.
- Research and prepare a report to show the types of raw materials that Britain imported. Identify those that were of strategic importance.
- Research and report on the methods used by Britain to offset the reduced importation of food during the war.
- Research and report on the products that Canada provided to Britain during the war period.
- Research and prepare a Time Line to show the evolution of the British Royal Navy forces from war's outbreak to the war's end.
For research resources, see the resources page.